[linux-dvb] S2API - Code review and suggested changes (1)

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Wed Sep 10 11:27:31 CEST 2008

Hi Steve,

On Tue, 9 Sep 2008, Steven Toth wrote:
> * I think it would be better to change TV_ to FE_ (because TV is by
> * far not
> * the only application for linux-dvb) , but this is a very unimportant
> * detail.
>
> A few people prefer dtv_ and DTV_, rather than tv_ and TV_. is fe_
> and FE_ still important to you?

Expanding the term "dtv" to digital television and then translate
television into "seeing something somewhere which takes/took place
somewhere else" I can agree with the dtv-prefix.

Still I think the term TV is used by a lot of people with different
understandings. But except me nobody has seen the term dtv too
restrictive, so I'm joining the majority.

On thing I almost forgot: You should add a bandwidth-thing as an integer,
like the frequency/symbolrate.

For DVB-T we (DiBcom) can basicly run with any channel bandwidth, not only
5,6,7,8 MHz. And some people are even using it...

Another example: DVB-SH is mentioning explicitly a 1.7 MHz bandwidth in
the spec (default is 5MHz).

Please consider adapting it.

thanks,
Patrick.