[linux-dvb] Multiproto API/Driver Update

Markus Rechberger mrechberger at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 17:28:21 CEST 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 5:14 PM, barry bouwsma
<free_beer_for_all at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- On Sun, 9/14/08, Steven Toth <stoth at linuxtv.org> wrote:
>
>> is that the BSD folks can't port the GPL license into BSD because it's
>> not compatible.
>
> I don't want to see any religious war here (trimmed to dvb
> list), but...

I totally agree here, I won't reply anyone who's jumping onto
religious wars here, since this is
not the topic why it's getting supported.
Both use the same community applications which are available which is
good, so there's
some competition about getting things done in the end.

> There is GPL code distributed as part of *BSD sources,
> as you can see by reading the licensing in, for example,
> $ ls /lost+found/CVSUP/BSD/FreeBSD.cvs/src/sys/gnu/dev/sound/pci/
> Attic       emu10k1-alsa.h,v  maestro3_reg.h,v  p17v-alsa.h,v
> csaimg.h,v  maestro3_dsp.h,v  p16v-alsa.h,v

also alsa-oss compat layer in Linux, though I don't want to get deeper
into it :-)

Markus