[linux-dvb] xc3028 config issue. Re: Why I need to choose better Subject: headers [was: Re: Why (etc.)]

Glenn McGrath glenn.l.mcgrath at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 17:00:35 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 12:30 AM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
<mchehab at infradead.org> wrote:

> You should also notice that, on Australia, you'll need an extra offset of
> 500 KHz for the frequency.

What is the reason behind this... it took me a week to make an
initial-tuning-data file for my tv card.

I read that Australian broadcasters are allowed to broadcast +/-
125kHz from the center frequency, is it anything to do with that,
where does the 500 come from ?

I started an app called utuner (gna.org/utuner if anyone whats to take
a look, afaik nobody else has looked at it yet, so expect it to be
rough) still very early, i just want to make something more flexible
than w_scan that can generate an initial-tuning-data file, dont care
if i have to leave the channel scan going all night and scan the whole
spectrum, it will still be quicker than the week it took me to
generate my initial-tuning-data file.

Glenn