[linux-dvb] OT: Dual/BSD Licensing

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Tue Sep 16 21:16:18 CEST 2008

BOUWSMA Barry <freebeer.bouwsma at gmail.com> writes:

> There are, however, numerous dual GPL/BSD license files to
> be found, some with different wordings.

Dual licensed files don't count, you can just ignore the license you
don't like. I'm saying that only-GPL'd .c-files are a non-starter for
*BSD kernels.

However, when things are added to the official Linux kernel,
dual-BSD-GPL files often have their BSD license removed, and
compatibility ifdef's are almost always removed. That can be a
challenge if you try to keep a unified code base.

/Benny