[linux-dvb] Dvico dual digital express - Poor tuner performance

Alex Ferrara alex at receptiveit.com.au
Sun Sep 21 07:35:45 CEST 2008

I am currently seeing inconsistent performance with the dvico dual
digital express. Some channels tune just fine, and others have the
impression of a very low signal strength.

I know that my antenna is not the problem, as it has been
professionally installed, with about 10m of RG6 cable from the antenna
to the distribution amp, and about 4m of cable from the amp to the
tuner. Other tuners in the same box work perfectly.

Are other people with this card experiencing the same problem?

btw, if it makes any difference, I am in Australia, and using Steven
Toths perl script to extract the firmware from the Hauppage driver.

Other than the pesky tuner issue, the card appears to be picked up
just fine, with no errors on dmesg, and both frontends available.

aF