[linux-dvb] hvr4000-s2api + QAM_AUTO

Christophe Thommeret hftom at free.fr
Mon Sep 22 12:01:25 CEST 2008

Le Monday 22 September 2008 01:54:29 Hans Werner, vous avez écrit :
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>
> > Datum: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 19:05:34 +0200
> > Von: Christophe Thommeret <hftom at free.fr>
> > An: Steven Toth <stoth at linuxtv.org>, "linux-dvb" <linux-dvb at linuxtv.org>
> > Betreff: [linux-dvb] hvr4000-s2api + QAM_AUTO
> >
> > Hi Steve,
> >
> > I've managed to add S2 support to kaffeine, so it can scan and zap.
> > However, i have a little problem with DVB-S:
> > Before tuning to S2, S channels tune well with QAM_AUTO.
> > But after having tuned to S2 channels, i can no more lock on S ones until
> > set modulation to QPSK insteed of QAM_AUTO for these S channels.
> > Is this known?
> >
> > --
> > Christophe Thommeret
>
> Hi Christophe,
> do you mean FEC_AUTO? There is a note in the comments in cx24116.c about
> FEC_AUTO working for QPSK but not for S2 (8PSK or NBC-QPSK).
> Look for "Especially, no auto detect when in S2 mode."

Good to know, but i really mean QAM_AUTO

> I'd be very happy to try out your patch for Kaffeine and give feedback if
> you are ready to share it.

Sure, here it is (patch against current svn
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/extragear/kde3/multimedia/)

Atm, s2api is only used for S/S2.

P.S.
In order to play H264/HD with kaffeine/xine, you need a fairly recent ffmpeg
and xine compiled with --with-external-ffmpeg configure option. (and of
course a quite strong cpu, unlike my old athlon-xp-2600 :)
However, you can still record and/or broadcast without this update.

--
Christophe Thommeret