[linux-dvb] DVB-H support

Javier Gálvez Guerrero javier.galvez.guerrero at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 14:02:28 CEST 2008

Hi Uri,

Thanks for your answer.

2008/9/22 Uri Shkolnik <urishk at yahoo.com>

> Hi,
>
> yep, you can do it with any Siano chipset based device.

Do you know any specific device with Siano chipset that works properly or
any device will do?

> How are you going to deal with ESG and HO?

I want to develop a handover framework for IEEE 802.11 // 3G // DVB-H
networks, dealing with different parameters depending on what drivers API
allowed me, but basically the signal strength would be the main one.

Regarding the ESG I don't know how to deal with it as I'm a complete novice
with LinuxTV/dvb-utils. First I wanted to know if it was possible to get
DVB-H streams with it and what hardware would be proper. I supposed that
demuxing and selecting the contents would be nearly the same that in DVB-T,
as the main difference is the time slicing in DVB-H streams.

Anyway, do you have any idea or piece of advice? Is what I want to do
possible or not?