[linux-dvb] DVB USB receiver stopped reporting correct USB ID

Alistair Buxton a.j.buxton at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 22:32:15 CEST 2008

2008/9/21 Michael <m72 at fenza.com>:

> So I looked that this path too and downloaded the SuiteUSB 1.0 - USB
> Development tools for Visual C++ 6.0 from
> http://www.cypress.com/design/RD1076. That had a utility called
> CyConsole. That recognised that Cypress a USB device was plugged in
> and allows data be be manually changed, but unfortunately the
> documentation is written for people who have a better understanding of
> these things than me. There wasn't any obvious way just enter new
> vendor and product IDs. I looked through the datasheet of the
> cy7c68013 (http://download.cypress.com.edgesuite.net/design_resources/datasheets/contents/cy7c68013_8.pdf),
> but didn't see anything obvious. Anyone out there able/willing to give
> me some instructions on how to use the cypress tool to do that?

The eeprom cannot be reprogramed directly by the host. You must load a
special firmware which does nothing but program the eeprom. This is
called a second stage loader. It is included in the development kit.

Have a look at this pdf:

The EZ-USB control panel is available in this dev kit:

Technical Reference (different to the datasheet):

Alistair Buxton
a.j.buxton at gmail.com