[linux-dvb] [RFC] cinergyT2 rework final review

Tomi Orava tomimo at ncircle.nullnet.fi
Mon Sep 22 22:39:33 CEST 2008

Hi,

Martin Dauskardt wrote:
>> This driver has been working in
>> my own use quite well, especially after upgrading the bios to the latest
>> available version from TerraTec.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tomi Orava
> what "bios" do you mean? the firmware?

Yes, I meant the usb device firmware.

>> Could you check what is the firmware version in your device ?
>> Check for the "bcdDevice" keyword with lsusb -v -s <busid>:<devnum> I had
>> way too many problems with 1.06 firmware version, but the
>> newer 1.08 seems to be a little bit better in stability.
> I was not aware that this device uses a firmware. Do I have to flash it into
> the box? Is this possible with Linux? Where do I find the firmware?

You can get the latest firmware from Terratec ftp-site:
ftp://ftp.terratec.net/Receiver/CinergyT2/Update/History/CinergyT2_Firmware_Update_1.08.exe

The very same directory also contains the original proprietary (NOT
BDA) windows drivers which are needed before you can use the
included flash loader. Unfortutenaly, I don't know any way to do the
update in Linux.

Regards,
Tomi Orava