[linux-dvb] hvr4000-s2api + QAM_AUTO

Christophe Thommeret hftom at free.fr
Wed Sep 24 17:44:41 CEST 2008

Le Wednesday 24 September 2008 16:31:02 Darron Broad, vous avez écrit :
> In message <200809241538.51217.hftom at free.fr>, Christophe Thommeret wrote:
>
> hi.
>
> <snip>
>
> >Btw, while cx24116 single-frontend seems pretty stable, the mfe driver is
> > n= ot =
> >here. As soon as i switch to dvb-t, the cx24116 firmware crashes (at least
> > = seems so: ~"Firmware doen't respond .." ) and is reloaded on next S/S2
> > zap, = and after a while, the dvb-t signal appears more and more noisy. I
> > have to = unload/reload the modules to cure this.
>
> Can you load dvb_core like this:
>
> 	dvb_core dvb_powerdown_on_sleep=0
>
> This will stop access to the cx24116 when the bus is in use by the cx22702.
>
> This is a workaround until a better fix is found. Tell me if it solves it
> for you, Thanks.

Unfortunately, no.
I will try with newer firmware, as soon as i find it.

Btw:
Darron, all these Eutelsat spec compliant msleep are already implemented by
applications, so adding it in driver just increases diseqc delay :)
I've removed all these in driver and diseqc works fine.

--
Christophe Thommeret