[linux-dvb] [ANNOUNCE] DVB API improvements

Mauro Carvalho Chehab mchehab at infradead.org
Thu Sep 25 11:55:25 CEST 2008

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, Manu Abraham wrote:

> A discussion between people who were already decided what to state
> beforehand, i must say.

Not true at all.

Only 3 persons were Americans. Yet, 2 of them living at the oposite coast
of US. So, even for they, a long trip (5 hours of time fuse).

All the others there came from other continents: Europe, South America,
Asia. On most cases, people took 2 days to arrive there, and 2 other days
to return back home, for a 2,5 day meeting.

Some of them even payed the expenses from their own pockets.

We all suffered a lot from Jet Leg effects, geting 5 or more hours of
difference at the time fuse.

We all now have a big list of pending work that accumulated due to the 1
week spent with the trips.

People woudln't do at all such big efforts just to say: "me too", or to do
some sort of political arrangement. If there was a previous decision, it
would be a way easy to announce it via email.

People went there because:
 	- They want a better future for video input infrastructure;
 	- They think that people make difference;
 	- They want to solve pending things;
 	- They believe that being together is the way for fixing social
issues at the community.

So, all people there put a lot of resources for what they believe
it is the right way to do. Please respect.

I understand that you are unhappy with the results of the vote, but it
was a fair decision.

Cheers,
Mauro.