[linux-dvb] [ANNOUNCE] DVB API improvements

Devin Heitmueller devin.heitmueller at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 18:26:21 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 12:07 PM, VDR User <user.vdr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 8:37 AM, Devin Heitmueller
> <devin.heitmueller at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Perhaps your comments would carry more credibility if you would
>> provide your full name and the number of commits you have made to the
>> v4l-dvb codebase in the last year.
>
> So I'm understand you correctly, can you clarify that only people who
> provide their full name and number of commits have any "credibility"?
> As well, I'm under the premise that everyone is entitled to their
> opinions and free to express them as they see fit.  And in doing so,
> all others may interpret those opinions any way they choose, but no
> single opinion is any less or more "valid" then any other.

Yes, I believe that on an open source developers mailing list, the
opinions of people who are active contributors to the project are more
credible than random users who jump on the list occasionally to call
for ousting of the subsystem maintainer.

> Everyone here has the right to post their thoughts whether you
> (dis)like or (dis)agree with them.  Your opinions are no more valid
> and mine as no less valid.  As I've stated before, I have no personal
> or financial interest in what happens and that allows me to speak more
> freely because I have nothing to lose.  You are welcome to skip over
> any of my posts or ignore my thoughts completely, but I'm not going to
> shut up because a couple people don't like what I have to say.  That's
> not how this works, sorry.

Ok.  Keep posting then.  I was just trying to establish whether you
have made any actual contributions of code to the project.

Regards,

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller