[linux-dvb] HVR-4000 and analogue tv

Anders Semb Hermansen anders at ginandtonic.no
Mon Sep 29 11:40:51 CEST 2008

Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com wrote:
> I thought that the analogue and DVB-T on this card was quite separate
> parts?

I think so yes.

> The DVB-T broadcast has probably already begun. At least it has in my part
> of Norway where the official date is also November 11th.

I used w_scan yesterday and it returned results. I used scan to get a
channels.conf which looks ok (don't have it here, I'm at work). But I
could not manage to get it to play. I don't know if this is because of
software not supporting frontend1 (DVB-T is on
/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend1), frontend0 is DVB-S or if it does not
support the digital standard in norway yet. I tried to play using
mplayer directly, and dvbstream with a pipe to mplayer (seems mplayer
does not cope with different frontend).

Any suggestion on how to go forward from here is appreceated.

Anders