[linux-dvb] /dev/dvb/adapter0/net0 <-- what is this for and how to use it?

Leszek Koltunski leszek at koltunski.pl
Thu Dec 3 09:12:04 CET 2009

Hello DVB gurus,

I've got a TwinHan DVB-S2 card. I compiled the 'liplianin' drivers and it's
working nicely; thanks for all your work!

One question: in /dev/dvb/adapter0 I can see

leszek at satellite:~$ ls -l /dev/dvb/adapter0/
total 0
crw-rw----+ 1 root video 212, 4 2009-12-02 18:22 ca0
crw-rw----+ 1 root video 212, 0 2009-12-02 18:22 demux0
crw-rw----+ 1 root video 212, 1 2009-12-02 18:22 dvr0
crw-rw----+ 1 root video 212, 3 2009-12-02 18:22 frontend0
crw-rw----+ 1 root video 212, 2 2009-12-02 18:22 net0

What is this 'net0' device and how do I use it? Can I use it to directly
multicast my (FTA) satellite stream to my lan by any chance?

I have found no documentation about this...