[linux-dvb] Technotrend C-2300 and CAM

Tomas Drajsajtl linux-dvb at drajsajtl.cz
Sun Feb 1 22:11:37 CET 2009

> Hi,
>
> for some reason, my CAM (Alphacrypt Classic) doesn't seem to be
> detected by my Technotrend C-2300/CI combination. There is nothing in
> the kernel log/syslog when inserting or removing the card. I updated
> the card to the latest firmware (3.18) to no avail.
> I don't even know where to start debugging. No windows here, so I
> can't really tell whether this is a hardware problem.
> Any hints on where to start looking would help. The combination seems
> to work fine for almost everybody, beside one single thread on this
> list in 2007 that didn't come to a conclusion either.
>
> Jan.

Hi Jan, I have the same problem with my C-2300 card and TechniCrypt CX
(CAM). After several days of testing different kernels and drivers I tried
it somewhere in Windows and found that it's not working there as well. Maybe
some HW incompatibility... The CAM I have is the only one provided and
supported by my cable operator so I had to get another card. C-1501 is
functional for me and even cheaper.

Regards,
Tomas