[linux-dvb] S2API (pctv452e) artefacts in video stream

Jens Krehbiel-Gräther linux-dvb at okg-computer.de
Mon Jan 5 14:02:16 CET 2009

Hi!

I use a Pinnacle USB-Receiver (PCTV Sat HDTV Pro). The module is
dvb-usb-pctv452e.

I use the repository from Igor Liplianin (actual hg release). The module
compiles and loads fine. The scanning with scan-s2 and zapping with
szap-s2 also wirk fine.
But when I record TV from the USB-device with "cat
/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 > (filename)" I got the TV-Stream of the actual
tv-station (zapped with "szap-s2 -r SAT.1" for example).
This recorded video has artefacts, even missed frames.

Anyone else having this problem? I remember that on multiproto there was
a similar problem with the pctv452e until Dominik Kuhlen patched
somthing since then the video was OK. Is it possible that the same
"error" is in the S2API-driver?

Regards,
  Jens
<http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/s2-liplianin>