[linux-dvb] TechniSat CableStar HD2 & CAM

Tomas Drajsajtl linux-dvb at drajsajtl.cz
Tue Jan 13 13:12:07 CET 2009

Ahoj Ludku,

I have the same card and the same problem. It was already reported to the
forum and to Manu, the author of mantis driver. As I understood the
VP-2033/VP-2040 based cards CI/CAM is not supported yet.
See e.g.
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2008-September/028995.html
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2008-September/028857.html

So I bought TT C-1501 Budget card from dvbshop.net and I wish to Manu to get
VP-2040 CAM working soon. Then I can use the CableStar TV tuner as the
second card to stream more channels at home. You know, when my son watches
JimJam I cannot watch Discovery. ;-)

Regards,
Tomas