[linux-dvb] Cross-posting linux-media, linux-dvb etc

Bob Cunningham FlyMyPG at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 22:46:27 CET 2009

Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 18:13:26 +0100
> Lars Hanisch <dvb at cinnamon-sage.de> wrote:
>
>> Mike Isely wrote:

>>> Amen to that.  I've been telling people to go over to linux-media, but
>>> old habits are hard to break.  It's time to actually make a clean break
>>> from the old lists.
>>   +1 from me
>>
>>   Although I'm not an active developer (I'm just an interested user),
>> reading the lists at the moment is hard...
>
> Instead of just removing the ML, maybe the better is to change the reply to to
> linux-media and send an autoreply message to the sender.
>> Lars.
>
> Cheers,
> Mauro

Reasons I'd like to keep both lists going:

1. My subscription requests to linux-media have yielded nothing.  Anything broken with the approval process?

2. I agree with another poster: I only care about broadcast and cable video, both analog and digital.  I eventually hope to help get my "AnyTV AUTV002 USB ATSC/QAM Tuner Stick" supported by V4L, and then use it in a MythTV system.  I'd prefer a list that focuses on such devices and systems, if possible.  Which seems to match the mission of linux-dvb!

The general issue of multi-posting seems typical of list forking/merging/moving, and should settle down as the intent of each of the lists in the group of lists becomes better established in practice.

-BobC