[linux-dvb] getting started with msi tv card

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Tue Jan 20 10:19:52 CET 2009

Hi,

Could someone please let me know what I have to do to get my msi 5580
usb digital tv tuner working with linux?
What drivers do I need? What software, what should I do to test it and
is it possible to use the remote once it is up and running?

Finally, I'm vission impared, so are there any programs for controling
the tv either command line based or gtk? I can't use qt applications.
If qt is my only option it's fine, I'll figure out a way for handling
this once the card is working.

Also, does this card allow for reccording?

Thanks very much for any help.

Cheers,
Daniel.