[linux-dvb] How to use scan-s2?

Alex Betis alex.betis at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 21:31:50 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 10:20 PM, Darron Broad <darron at kewl.org> wrote:

> In message <c74595dc0901261130k6bdb6882lfb18c650cbca4abf at mail.gmail.com>,
> Alex
> Betis wrote:
> >
> >On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 7:32 PM, Darron Broad <darron at kewl.org> wrote:
> >
> >> In message <c74595dc0901260753x8b9185fu33f2a96ffbe13016 at mail.gmail.com
> >,
> >> Alex Betis wrote:
> >>
> >> lo
> >>
> >> <snip>

> situation,
> >>
> >> When tuning the event status should change to 0 and if
> >> it stays that way the tuning operation failed.
> >>
> >> If you read the frontend status directly then you will
> >> retrieve the state of the previous tuning operation
> >> that suceeded.
> >
> >What do you call an event status and what direct status?
> >
> >scan-s2 uses FE_READ_STATUS that always success and indicates channel
> lock,
> >even if cx24116 driver returned an error due to AUTO parameters.
>
> refer to
>
> FE_SET_FRONTEND:
>
> http://www.linuxtv.org/docs/dvbapi/DVB_Frontend_API.html#SECTION00328000000000000000
>
> and,
>
> FE_GET_EVENT
>
> http://www.linuxtv.org/docs/dvbapi/DVB_Frontend_API.html#SECTION003210000000000000000

Ohh, ok. So there is a solution for that after all. Thanks!
Unfortunately no one gave me a clear answer on that when I asked about it
last time.
Seems to work for stb0899, waiting for confirmation on cx24116.

Darron, looks you're the right person to ask:
How can I retrieve the REAL tuned parameters from the driver?
Looks like using FE_GET_PROPERTY returns cached properties that were issued
with FE_SET_PROPERTY before that.

Thanks.