[linux-dvb] SkyStar HD2 issues, signal sensitivity, etc.

Claes Lindblom claesl at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 08:51:09 CEST 2009

Hi,

Manu Abraham wrote:
> The s2-liplianin tree doesn't use an updated tree for the mantis
> based devices unfortunately. It is stuck with older changesets of
> the mantis tree.
>
> The s2-liplianin tree contains (ed) ? some clock related changes
> which were not favourable for the STB0899 demodulator, which is
> capable of causing potential hardware damage.

Is this still valid that s2-liplianin tree is out of date and if so,
does anyone have a patch to update it?
It's does not sound so good when we start talking about hardware damage.

I have a problem with the recent s2-liplianin that the driver stops
working and both scanning and tuning fails and a reboot does not help
and I have to poweroff my computer and restart it for it to work again.
Has anyone had the same issue? It's running on a Gigabyte GA M56S S3
motherboard if that's any help.

Regards
Claes Lindblom