[linux-dvb] GDI Black Gold [14c7:0108] cx88 card

Rick Lane richy_lane at hotmail.com
Wed May 13 09:13:16 CEST 2009

> Hello,
>
> I'm interested in getting this card working under Linux as well, it's
> labelled GDI2500PCTV on the back, and has a Conexant CX23881 visible on
> the front, with a Philips "TU1216/1 H P" RF box...  Looks like there may
> be some more ICs under the metal box, but I'd have to desolder it to
> check what they were (which I can do if necessary).
>
> There seems to be TU1216 support in both v4l/saa7134-dvb.c and
> v4l/budget-av.c (code cut-n-paste by the look of it), but I can't see a
> way to select this tuner with the cx88xx module (e.g. CARDLIST.tuner).
>
> So... I'm game for trying to get this working, and have a bit of kernel
> programming experience, but is there anything else I'm likely to need to
> know before I set out on this?
> Cheers!
>
> Tim.
Hi Tim,

I've got two of these cards, and they give a really good picture in windows so I'd love to be able to use them on my Myth box rather than ebay them and get alternatives. I don't have any kernel programming experience but I'm ready to roll my sleeves up and see what happens if you want a guinea pig. My programming experience in the linux world goes as far as tweaking php files and things like that. Currently have the full set of latest v4l-dvb drivers on my backend and plenty of opportunity to fiddle with the config etc.

Let me know if you wanna bang heads on this...
Rick