[linux-dvb] fe status values

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Wed May 27 19:04:41 CEST 2009

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Markus Oliver Hahn
<markus.o.hahn at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi there,
> I was just going throug the dvbapi 5.0
> but I couldn`t find ow to interpret the
> values which I get by
>

> int ioctl( int fd, int request = FE_READ_SIGNAL_STRENGTH, int16_t *strength);
>
> and
>
> int ioctl(int fd, int request = FE_READ_SNR, int16_t *snr)
>
> strengt should be (signed) dBm
> and
>    0.snr dB
>
> is this right ?

dB scale is not something that which is supported by the API specification.
Mostly the scale, it depends on the implementation in the various drivers.
Which driver are you looking at ?

Something, that compliant in accordance:
http://linuxtv.org/hg/dvb-apps/file/9655c8cfeed8/util/szap/README

Regards,
Manu