[linux-dvb] Record from DVB tuner

BOUWSMA Barry freebeer.bouwsma at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 18:18:51 CEST 2010

On Wed (Wednesday) 23.Jun (June) 2010, 18:02,  shacky wrote:

> I need to record some DVB channels from the command line using a
> supported DVB tuner PCI card on Linux Debian.
> I know I can tune the DVB adapter using dvbtools and record the raw
> input using cat from /dev/dvb/adapter0, but what about recording two
> or more different channels from the same multiplex?
> How I can do this from the command line?

Use `dvbstream', if the channels retain pretty consistent PIDs.
Give the PIDs of all channels you want to record, perhaps
including the PMT PIDs and PID 0 in order to allow automatic
selection later of the particular audio and video PIDs.  The
psuedo-PID value of 8192 will feed the entire transport stream to
the specified file if you want most or all available channels.

barry bouwsma