[linux-dvb] Trying to get unlisted Terratec Cinergy to work

Mark van Reijn mvreijn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 15:38:31 CET 2010

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to get my "Terratec Cinergy HT USB PVR" tuner to work (on
DVB-T). This is a hybrid analog/dvb-t tuner with a hardware MPEG encoder.
Inserting the device does not cause any driver to respond and load. The USB
ID is "0ccd:006b". The PID is not listed in "dvb-usb-ids.h".

After quite a bit of research I have a lot of information on the device. I
also opened it up to check the actual chip versions (took me back to
slackware 3 and graphics cards).
The various components are:
* Cypress CY7C68013A FX2 USB controller
* Intel CE6353 demodulator (should be the same as Zarlink ZL10353)
* XCeive XC3028 tuner
(* Conexant CX25843 a/v decoder)
(* Conexant CX23416 MPEG encoder)

The last two should not be really necessary from what I have learned.