[mpeg2] Doubts with SCR and Timing MPEG-2

Warren Young warren at etr-usa.com
Tue Mar 4 04:59:57 CET 2008

Alexandre Vazquez wrote:

> SCR = trans_pts_dts(p->pts)-3600;
>
> I would know the relation between SCR and PTS/DTS

Isn't it explained in the spec?

> the meaning of that 3600.

PTS is given in a 90 kHz time base, so it looks like a 40 ms fudge
factor to me, perhaps for the purpose of A/V sync.  I suggest this
partly because it's small, and partly because it's exactly one frame
time in a 25 fps system.

> I can't know the reference of that hexadecimal numbers.. in the ISO .. If
> anyone know the meaning of that numbers , please tell me.

Convert them to binary and study them.  Their meaning should then be
obvious.