[vdr] avoid using primary FF-card for reception

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Sun Apr 10 10:29:49 CEST 2005

Hi list,

is there  a way how to tell vdr to not use the primary FF-Card for
reception, but only for MPEG2 decoding?

My setup is as follows:

- Siemens FF DVB-C card (ves1820). The reception qualitiy is more than
bad, but I need it for viewing (attempts to use softdevice or df_xine
were not satisfying). That's why I added a
- Technisat CableStar (stv0297). With the same cable, I have every
channel without BER and UNC.

Is it possible to deactivate particular cards for reception in VDR?

If not, where should I start looking in the code?

Thanks for any help.

best regards
Patrick.