[vdr] Major modification of the OSD management in the dxr3 plugin

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Mon Apr 18 15:24:23 CEST 2005

Ville has committed to cvs my changes to the OSD routines. While I
cannot do nothing to raise the number of colors visible at once, the
plugin now reassigns unused colors at each screen refresh, so it's
possible to use a different set of 16 colors each time.
I needed this feature to use the Enigma skin with icons (I had to reduce
the palette, you can find my set of icons at
http://club.telepolis.com/l.o/vdr/Enigma/icons-low-col.tar.gz).
This skin works (provided you use my icons and remove the channel
logos), but it's too heavy on the dxr3 so it's not too stable with it,
however the plugin should work much better than previous versions with
lighter skins. It's also much simpler (even if I saw more places where
I'm going to use my scissors).
Please test it (but keep a backup of your working copy just in case).

Bye