[vdr] vdr-1.3.23 + xine-0.7.3-network problems

Jouni Karvo jouni.karvo at tkk.fi
Sun Apr 24 08:29:24 CEST 2005

hi,

Rantanen Teemu writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I upgraded from 1.3.22+0.7.2-network to 1.3.23+0.7.3-network. The new
 > version seems to have more problems than the old one. The new problems
 > that were introduces are:
 >
 > 1) live TV viewing has "tsirp"-sounds all the time (1-2 times / minute)

try defining WRAP_THRESHOLD 200000 in xineDevice.c - this helped a lot
in my case.  (with non-network xine)

If I understood correctly from Reinhard Nissls explanation, having a
difference of Audio and Video time stamps more than 120000 (the
original value) causes the demuxer or something else to break.  I did
a couple of statistics collection rounds yesterday
(http://www.netlab.hut.fi/~kex/vdr-xine.html) that suggest that having
a difference more than 120000 is quite usual, but 150000 might already
suffice.  (The weird graph for "Nelonen" is due to the xine not being
able to recover - the visual effect is no sound, only still images)

yours,
		Jouni