[vdr] DVD contens on HDD

RML rml at melware.net
Fri Apr 29 12:03:36 CEST 2005

All,

I'd like to copy my favourite DVD to harddisc.

I copied the contents to a directory and used -C in the DVD-plugin
to point not to /dev/dvd anymore.
Plugin refused to work because of some hardware
checks which fail ... no wonder, it is an directory
and no dvd drive ...

Manually invoking mplayer works only partially and mplayer expects
the single vob files to be submitted. Same when starting mplayer
by the VDR menu with according mplayersorces.conf entry.

Are there any suggestions how to have DVD Playback with navigation
and the DVD's Menu under VDR _without_ having the disc in drive
but any kind of files/images on harddisc ?

Any hint appreciated!

Cheers,
Ralf