[vdr] vdr stopping and not restarting

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sat Aug 6 13:42:31 CEST 2005

tony wrote:

> # Load driver if it hasn't been loaded already:
> if [ $LSMOD -eq 0 ] ; then
>    (cd $DVBDIR; /sbin/modprobe skystar2)
>    fi

here I need to load also the tuner module

modprobe dvb-core
modprobe skystar2
modprobe mt312

Maybe your modules are actually loaded somewhere else, or maybe you have
entries in /etc/modprobe.conf to load the tuner module when you load
skystar2 (note the the first modprobe should not be necessary, in fact
I'm using insmod instead of modprobe to test cvs drivers).

[.....]
>       (cd $DVBDIR; /sbin/modprobe -r skystar2; /sbin/modprobe skystar2)

I do an

rmmod skystar2
rmmod mt312
rmmod dvb-core

(of course it also depends on your modprobe.conf)

Bye