[vdr] vdr stopping and not restarting

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sat Aug 6 20:31:14 CEST 2005

tony wrote:

> Nothing happens when I run my xine "watch tv" script (starts xine
> fullscreen and reads from vdr stream. The stream does not exist and vdr
> does not seem to know it has died.

Ok, so this probably has nothing to do with your runvdr script. If it's
the network patched version of xine, I found that sometimes it deadlocks
and you need to manually kill vdr and/or xine and/or both, but that may
be cause by some other plugin. I don't know if it also happens with the
vanilla xine plugin.

Bye