[vdr] How to speed up vdr start ?

Ludwig Nussel ludwig.nussel at suse.de
Mon Aug 8 09:31:02 CEST 2005

Christoph Hermanns wrote:
> Is it possible to speed up the vdr start (e.g. on my system) ???
> I'm running vdr on a SuSE 8.2 System with 2.4 Kernel driver.

No security updates for 8.2 anymore, don't connect it to a network.

> The start of the runvdr script is initiated by
> a runlevel script (runlevel 3 and 5).
>
> It took about 90 seconds until i got a picture.
> Here is my runlevel order:
> [...]
>
> vdr is started at position 6 but on the console i see jobs as alsasound
> and joystick starting before i got a picture.
>
> How can i speed up the starting of the dvb driver and vdr ?

On 8.2 the simplest non-intrusive way probably is to just run the
vdr and dvb init scripts from boot.local. You don't need to
deactivate all the other boot scripts for that.

cu
Ludwig

--
 (o_   Ludwig Nussel
 //\   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Development