[vdr] Mac mini + Xine plugin = perfect vdr client?

Carsten Koch Carsten.Koch at icem.com
Wed Aug 10 19:10:58 CEST 2005

IMHO the Mac mini is an excellent machine for the living room.

*  It is so silent you can hardly hear it.
*  It looks good and does not take up a lot of space.
*  It has a built-in DVD ROM.
*  It runs 2 UNIXes - MacOS X and Linux.
*  It has a DVI output which provides perfect picture
    quality with a DLP beamer or a flat panel display.

So I am thinking of using one instead of my current
diskless VDR client (an MSI hetis barebone).

Of course the Mac mini does not have a PCI slot,
so I will not be able to put in a DVB card.

Would the Xine plugin be a good solution for such a system?
Has anyone tried it on a Mac running Linux?

TIA for any info,

Carsten.