[vdr] Problem when no input signal

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Fri Aug 26 17:11:28 CEST 2005

En/na Klaus Schmidinger ha escrit:

>> Try commenting out the lines
>>
>>   if (!HasLock(TUNER_LOCK_TIMEOUT)) {
>>      esyslog("ERROR: device %d has no lock, can't attach receiver!",
>> CardIndex() + 1);
>>      return false;
>>      }
>>

>> in device.c
>

> Maybe I should drop this timeout altogether, because it seems
> like it's doing more bad than good...

I dropped it since you introduced it ;-)
Dropping it altogether seems to do no harm for live-view but may cause
problems for recordings and/or some plugins (e.g.the infamous
ttxtsubtitles plugin) if there's no signal at once (like a signal
problem or a steerable dish).
I already proposed a possible solution

http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2005-August/004179.html

but, as I said then, I'm not sure it's the correct one.

Bye