[vdr] Re: vdr file format for recordings

Antti Hartikainen ami+vdr at ah.fi
Sun Aug 28 16:22:30 CEST 2005

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005, Jukka Tastula wrote:

> On Sunday 28 August 2005 14:56, Helmut Auer wrote:
>> You can already use vdrsync.pl. This can transform vdr recordings to
>> mpeg, dvd or divx. It can also cut recordings ( using vdr's marks ).
>> Just add a line to the reccmds.conf and install the necessary packages
>> for vdrsync.
>
> Vdrsync is not an option since it completely fails to keep sync if there
> are too many errors in a stream and it doesn't even remove the errors like
> ProjectX does.

IMHO vdrsync does MPEG-PES to MPEG-PS conversion without any
problems. I've used 0.1.2.2dev2 and 0.1.3PRE1 (0.1.3pre1 does handle
errors much better, i had problems with mplex with some broken
stream). YLE (or digita?) had broken encoder about for a month, and
mplex/vdrsync 0.1.2.2dev2 had problems with that stream. Then I tried
0.1.3PRE1 and i got working MPEG-PS for DVD, no sync problems etc.

So for me, vdrsync has done things _MUCH_ better than PVAStrumento
etc. ;)