[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.3.31
Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sun Aug 28 17:05:57 CEST 2005
VDR developer version 1.3.31 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
The changes since version 1.3.30:
- Added missing German OSD texts for 'Audio language'.
- The Setup/CICAM menu now only contains the devices that actually have a CI and
dynamically detects the number of slots a CI provides.
- Implemented cAudioRepacker for better handling of audio PES packets (thanks to
- Modified handling of audio packets for radio channels in remux.c (thanks to
- Updated the Danish OSD texts (thanks to Mogens Elneff).
- Fixed the EPG scan, so that it doesn't use the primary device if that is
currently in Transfer-Mode from itself (thanks to Marcus Hilbrich for a bug
report that lead to this).
- Removed the TUNER_LOCK_TIMEOUT in cDevice::AttachReceiver() since it caused more
trouble than it fixed.
- Fixed detecting short channel names for "Kabel Deutschland", who uses a comma
as delimiter (thanks to Marco Schlüßler).
- Moved cMenuEditTimer and cMenuEvent to menu.h so that plugins can use it (suggested
by Thomas Günther).
- The new static function cString::sprintf() can be used to easily create a formatted
- Plugins can now implement their own SVDRP commands (based on a patch from Hardy
Flor). See PLUGINS.html, section "SVDRP commands" for details. The SVDRP commands
of a plugin are accessed through the new SVDRP command PLUG.
See PLUGINS/src/svdrpdemo for an example of how to use this feature.
- The new SVDRP command PLAY can be used to start replaying a recording (thanks to
- The new SVDRP command EDIT can be used to start the editing process of a recording
(based on the CUTR patch by Harald Milz).
I'm gradually trying to tie up lose ends and make a stable version 1.4 now.
Now before somebody asks: yes, I'm planning to implement the ability to call
the main menu function of a plugin through a key macro, even if that plugin
doesn't define a main menu entry; and it will also be possible to do so from
an SVDRP connection.
The maintainers of the various OSD language texts should please check VDR/i18n.c
and send me any changes they find necessary.
More information about the vdr