[vdr] Re: minor OSD bug: missing menu update

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Mon Aug 29 15:36:08 CEST 2005

Sebastian Frei wrote:
> Am Sonntag 28 August 2005 23:32 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
>

>>Actually I tend to simply remove this menu entry altogether,
>>which would implicitly "cure" this...
>>

> Oh no, I would really miss it. Stopping a live recording would then require to
> enter the timer or recordings menu, browse to this recording and delete it.
> This takes far too much keypresses, especially when one has many recordings.

Well, in the Timers menu the currently recording timers are
at the top of the list, and if you (like I) have a hotkey for the
timer list ("Blue" in my case), then it's the same number of keypresses:

Main menu method: Menu - Right - Ok - Ok
Timer menu ethod: Blue - Yellow - Ok - Menu

The last "Menu" press in the second method closes the Timers menu,
while the main menu is closed automatically when stopping an
instant recording. BTW: if you have more than one instant
recording that you want to stop, the Timers menu method has
definitely fewer keypresses.

Klaus