[vdr] valid summary.vdr file hangs vdr.

Carsten Koch Carsten.Koch at icem.com
Wed Aug 31 11:34:43 CEST 2005

Roland Behme wrote:
> Hi Carsten,
>

>>The attached file hangs vdr >= 1.3.25
>>when I press the info button on the recording.
>>The file was created by and works fine with
>>vdr <  1.3.25.
>

> from the announcement of vdr 1.3.25:
>
> - The file 'summary.vdr' has been replaced with 'info.vdr' and now contains the
>    information about a recording, in the same format as the events are stored in
>    'epg.data' (see man vdr(5) for details). Existing summary files can be converted
>    to the new format by running the Perl script 'summary2info.pl', as in
>
>    summary2info.pl /video

I have read that.

But the announcement also said "If there is no 'info.vdr'
file for a recording, an attempt is made to read a 'summary.vdr'. "

And of course vdr < 1.3.25 cannot read info.vdr files.
I have more than one VDR machine sharing the same /video,
so for me it is best to use the "lowest common denominator"
which is clearly summary.vdr.

In any event, I bet the same hang can be reproduced with
an info.vdr file as well, but don't you think summary.vdr
files should work without hanging vdr as long as vdr reads
them at all?

Carsten.