[vdr] VDR developer version 1.3.21
Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sun Feb 13 16:23:36 CET 2005
VDR developer version 1.3.21 is now available at
*** NOTE THAT THE WARNINGS REGARDING THE USE OF VPS CONTROLLED
*** TIMERS FROM PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES STILL APPLY!
The changes since version 1.3.20:
- Fixed cDvbDevice::SetAudioTrackDevice() to avoid a blank screen after switching
back to live mode if a recording is currently active on the primary device.
- Fixed a possible freeze in pause mode in case a device's PlayPesPacket() function
permanently returns 0 (thanks to Reinhard Nissl and Olaf Titz).
- Completed the Finnish OSD texts (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Restricted the "setting audio track" log message to automatic changes during replay.
- Fixed handling Transfer Mode for radio channels (thanks to Andreas Regel for
reporting this one).
- Fixed handling symbolic links in cRecordings::ScanVideoDir() (thanks to Stefan
- Completed the Danish OSD texts (thanks to Mogens Elneff).
- Forcing a new resync after a call to cRemux::Clear() (suggested by Marco Schlüßler).
- The cAudio::Play() function now has an additional parameter 'uchar Id' which tells
the function the substream id of the given audio packet, so that a plugin can
take the right action for the various kinds if audio data - which now also includes
"normal" audio with ids 0xC0...0xDF (based on suggestions by Werner Fink and Macro
- Removed the "Cleared/PlayPes(NULL, 0)" handling from cTransfer::Action(), since this
is now done when attaching the player to the device (thanks to Marco Schlüßler).
- Making sure the buffer reserve in cTransfer::Action() is re-established after
clearing the buffer.
- Added DeviceClrAvailableTracks() and DeviceSetCurrentAudioTrack() to cPlayer
(thanks to Marco Schlüßler).
- Fixed a typo in detecting UTF-8 (thanks to Reinhard Nissl).
- Now using twice the buffer reserve in cTransfer if the primary DVB card is an
unmodified version with only 2MB of SDRAM, to avoid audio stuttering when
playing Dolby Digital over the DVB card (thanks to Christian Jacobsen and Chad
Flynt for suggestions and experiments in that area).
- Making sure the first audio packet is not dropped when switching to "pre 1.3.19
Dolby Digital compatibility mode".
- The 'plugins-clean' target of the Makefile now only deletes the actual plugin
library files from this version of VDR (suggested by Andreas Brachold).
- Added a missing 'resultSkipped = 0' to cRemux::Clear() (thanks to Marco Schlüßler
for reporting this one).
- The new function cDvbDevice::SetTransferModeForDolbyDigital() can be used by
plugins that implement Dolby Digital output and thus want to prevent the cDvbDevice
from starting Transfer Mode in order to replay DD over the DVB device.
- Added missing reset of the 'repacker' to cTS2PES::Clear() (thanks to Marco
Schlüßler for reporting this one).
The DVB driver I am currently using can be found at
which is the CVS 'HEAD' version from 2004-12-26, made available as a complete
archive for your convenience.
Of course, you can also use any newer driver version.
More information about the vdr