[vdr] VDR developer version 1.3.21 - Handling of DD buffer

Marcus Merz mmerz at gmx.de
Tue Feb 15 23:34:56 CET 2005

Hi Helmut,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Helmut Auer" <vdr at helmutauer.de>
To: <vdr at linuxtv.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2005 6:56 PM
Subject: Re: [vdr] VDR developer version 1.3.21 - Handling of DD buffer

> Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:
>

> > Take a look at VDR/dvbosd.c:
> >
> >      #define FW_NEEDS_BUFFER_RESERVE_FOR_AC3
> >      #ifdef FW_NEEDS_BUFFER_RESERVE_FOR_AC3
> >      //XXX This is a very ugly hack to allow cDvbOsd to reduce the
buffer
> >      //XXX requirements in cTransfer if it detects a 4MB full featured
> > DVB card.
> >      extern bool DvbCardWith4MBofSDRAM;
> >      DvbCardWith4MBofSDRAM = osdMem >= 1000000;
> >
> Oopps - sorry I missed that - I hadn't thought of a global variable ;-)
> And also a define statement is not a no-go for a distri - if anyone is
> able to upgrade a DVB card to 4 MB he also should be able to recompile
> vdr :-)

Well, i know how to recompile VDR but (eventhough this might be a stupid
question): How do i define that i have a 4MB DVB card? I am using the Linux
driver that comes with Suse 9.1 (not CVS) and Firmware 261d. To use the
extra 2MB SDRAM i found a hint at http://www.vdr-portal.de saying to change
dvbosd.c:
--- snip ---
#define MAXOSDMEMORY  1000000
---snip ---
from the default 92000. I guess this does not help in 1.3.21 to use the
FW_NEEDS_BUFFER_RESERVE_FOR_AC3.

How and where can i configure
1. a statement OSD_CAP_MEMSIZE and
2. FW_NEEDS_BUFFER_RESERVE_FOR_AC3

Maybe in Make.config? Or in dvbosd.c / transfer.c? Like i said, i am using
some old linux dvb drivers and i can not update to CVS for various reasons
at the moment.

> --
> Helmut Auer, helmut at helmutauer.de

Best regards,