[vdr] Re: can't get lock on Astra 19.2

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 20 20:52:15 CET 2005

I demand that Lucian Muresan may or may not have written...

[snip]
> I also asked for help in just some pointers where to look for the error in
> http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2005-February/000171.html bot I only
> got a suggestion from Darren Salt in this other thread Tony initiated. what
> do you think I could try? disable udev and go back to devfs?

That won't affect the drivers at all. It may cause other problems, though:
a couple of devfs-related hangs on 2.6.x persuaded me to use udev.

> Downgrade the kernel? Use DVB-CVS drivers?

You should try CVS first and if that fails, you can always fall back on a
known-good (for DVB) kernel.

[snip]
| Debian,     | s zap,tartarus,org            | Northumberland
| RISC OS     | @                             | Toon Army
|   I don't ask for much, just untold riches...

There is an exception to every rule, except this one.