[vdr] VDR developer version 1.3.22
Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sun Feb 27 16:08:30 CET 2005
VDR developer version 1.3.22 is now available at
*** NOTE THAT THE WARNINGS REGARDING THE USE OF VPS CONTROLLED
*** TIMERS FROM PREVIOUS RELEASE NOTES STILL APPLY!
The changes since version 1.3.21:
- Removed some unneeded code and fixed access to unallocated memory in
cEvent::FixEpgBugs() (thanks to Wolfgang Rohdewald).
- Avoiding unnecessary calls to SetPid() in cDvbDevice::SetAudioTrackDevice()
(thanks to Marco Schlüßler).
- No longer calling EnsureAudioTrack() in cDevice::SetChannel() if a Transfer Mode is
started, to avoid setting the audio PID on the primary device (thanks to Marco
Schlüßler for pointing this out).
- Replaced the call to system("sync") in SpinUpDisk() with fdatasync(f) to avoid
problems on NPTL systems (thanks to Chris Warren for pointing this out).
- Increased POLLTIMEOUTS_BEFORE_DEVICECLEAR in transfer.c to 6 to avoid problems
with the larger buffer reserve (thanks to Marco Schlüßler).
- Fixed the call to SetVideoFormat() in cDvbDevice::cDvbDevice() (parameter is _bool_).
- Added support for setting the video display mode (thanks to Marco Schlüßler).
- The new setup option "DVB/Video display format" can be used to define which display
format to use for playing wide screen video on a 4:3 tv set.
- Changed MAXDPIDS to 16 (8xAC3 + 8xDTS) (thanks to Werner Fink for pointing this out).
- Completed dutch language texts (thanks to Hans Dingemans).
- Added 'smi' to the Finnish language codes (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Fixed ensuring there is a current audio track in case there is only one track
(thanks to Werner Fink for reporting this one).
- Improved automatic audio track selection.
- Keeping the track language codes and descriptions in Transfer Mode (thanks to
- Fixed handling repeated kAudio keys.
- Improved displaying the the current audio track in the ST:TNG channel display.
The DVB driver I am currently using can be found at
which is the CVS 'HEAD' version from 2004-12-26, made available as a complete
archive for your convenience.
Of course, you can also use any newer driver version.
More information about the vdr