[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdradmin-0.97-am3.2

Andreas Mair Andreas.Mair at linogate.com
Mon Jul 4 13:48:26 CEST 2005

Hi Reiner,

On Monday 04 July 2005 12:59, Reiner Buehl wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> I am not sure but I think I have found the cause for this behaviour:
> Since the ctvdr installation that I use stores parts of the config
> files in /var/lib/vdr and the rest in /etc/vdr, I was not sure which
> directory to use when the vdradmin configuration asked for the VDR
> config dir. I used /var/lib/vdr and it seems that this was wrong.
> After changing it to /etc/vdr the error message is gone. Is it

What do they put into /etc/vdr and what in /var/lib/vdr? The vanilla vdr
only has one config folder AFAIK.
OTOH I don't see why a wrong configured vdr config folder should give that
error message.

> possible to change the config process to ask for the directory that
> contains VDR config file xyz instead of just "the VDR config dir"?

I don't think that's needed. If a distribution modifies VDR it should also
modify depending tools.

> Another request would be to make vdradmind.pl --config use an existing
> /etc/vdradmin/vdradmind.conf file instead of starting with defaults
> every time. This way the script could keep the existing configuration
> and only ask for the new items.

OK, the next release will use an existing vdradmind.conf as defaults for
"vdradmind.pl -c". Thanks for suggesting.

Regards,
Andreas

> Best regards,
> Reiner.
>
> On Mon, 4 Jul 2005, Andreas Mair wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Saturday 02 July 2005 13:41, Reiner Buehl wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > after the installation of vdradmin-0.97-am3.2 I get the error
> > > message: 'Die URL "Timerstatus" wurde auf dem Server nicht gefunden!'
> > > every time I try to change the status of a timer from auto to off. Up
> > > till 0.97-am2c this worked fine. Is there a quick fix for this?
> >
> > I'm not aware of any problem here, I've tried it again with different
> > browsers and it works. Could you please please email the timers' frame
> > source directly to me?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Andreas

Andreas Mair (andreas.mair at linogate.com)