[vdr] Choose the right audio from xine ?

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Wed Jul 6 00:10:40 CEST 2005

Hi,

Reinhard Nissl wrote:

>> All second languages are not english, but are broadcasted in stereo, one
>> side have english and the second side have the first audio track (for
>> example french for TSR1).
>
> Hhm, it looks like cXineDevice lacks support for
> Get/SetAudioChannelDevice(). I've meanwhile added it and see, that VDR
> calls the set function whenever I change between left, right and stereo.
>
> I now have to figure out, how to pass this information to xine. A simple
> solution might be to just mute the left respectively right channel of
> the output device (at least ALSA allows that).

Just to keep you informed: Meanwhile I've added audio post plugin
support to xine and created an audio post plugin vdr_audio which
replicates the selected channel to the one which is not selected. As a
result, the selected audio channel is sent to both speakers in contrast
to the above mentioned muting of a single channel.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl at gmx.de