[vdr] Splash on FF card?

C.Y.M syphir at syphir.sytes.net
Wed Jul 6 00:13:47 CEST 2005

Harald Milz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A splashscreen on the FF card during boot (well, as early as possible)
> would be nice... just so that the screen doesn't stay dark. How could that
> be done?

Once you load the modules, you can call mplayer to display a splash video, then
start vdr right after that.

Here is a snippet of my init.d script for vdr:

case "$1" in
  start)
         if ! ps -C vdr > /dev/null 2>&1; then
         cd /usr/local/bin
         ./insdvb.sh load
         echo -n "Starting $DESC: $NAME"
         /usr/bin/mplayer -vo mpegpes /etc/vdr/VDRboot.mpeg 2>/dev/null
1>/dev/null &
         sleep 7
         killall -q -TERM mplayer
         ./$DAEMON -v $VIDEO_DIR -E $EPG_DIR -c $CFG_DIR $OPTIONS \