[vdr] Re: Choose the right audio from xine ?

Lucian Muresan lucianm at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 6 01:12:20 CEST 2005

Hi,

Reinhard Nissl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Lucian Muresan wrote:
>
>> This sounds great. So I'm assuming there will be a new vdr-xine plugin
>> version soon. Would you please handle mono broadcasts similary (You
>> might remember my post in your thread on this matter on xine-devel,
>> about SPDIF and mono streams)?
>

> At the moment I'm unshure whether to create a separate "pseudo_stereo"
> plugin or to integrate the requested functionality into vdr_audio.

Well, I'm not very familiar with xine's plugin internals, but I assume
if it will be a separate plugin, it could be used without vdr_audio as
well. On the other hand, I do not know what impact this would have on
xine plugins setup or plugin dynamic loading, or even performance. Maybe
the xine devs can give advice...

>> Now that I already asked you about the next version of the plugin, do
>> you also plan to integrate Peter Weber's networked functionality in this
>> next release?
>

> I'm sorry, I gave the missing functionality a higher priority than
> networking. The next release will be 0.7.5. Networking is planned for
> 0.8.0.

Ok, you don't have to be sorry, we are all thankful for your work...

Regards,
Lucian