[vdr] Re: Reducing clutter in channels.conf

Stefan Huelswitt s.huelswitt at gmx.de
Mon Jul 18 18:04:01 CEST 2005

On 18 Jul 2005 Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de> wrote:

> With the favorite channels lists I intend to implement, the user can
> select only those channels that s/he wants to see. The channels.conf file
> will still contain all channels ever detected.

A problem is, that the channels.conf keeps on growing as new
channels are added but old are never removed.

I vote for a mechanism with a touch timestamp (which is set when
the channels if announced). Channels which are not touched for a
certain time and are not used otherwise e.g. by a pending timer
could be removed.

Regards.

--
Stefan Huelswitt