[vdr] Improving the power management in VDR

Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at hut.fi
Mon Jul 25 16:58:17 CEST 2005

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 04:34:13PM +0200, Sergei Haller wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Marko Mäkelä (MM) wrote:
>
> > Now we will have to explicitly come back to the computer to power it off
> > if we touched the remote control while VDR was recording something.
>
> no. just press the power key during recording. it will ask if you are
> sure. ignore it. after the end of recording VDR will shutdown (unless the
> next recording will start shortly)

Thanks, you're right.  Still, it would be nice to have this feature
connected to the suspended flag.  I believe that also full-featured
cards would benefit from not having to decode the MPEG stream while
recording unattended.  It would not only save power but also reduce
the likelihood of crash because of firmware bugs triggered by
bad signal.

	Marko