[vdr] suggestion: version stamping of patches

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Wed Jun 1 19:48:17 CEST 2005

Rainer Zocholl wrote:
> can't patches modify/add a string to a "Versionstring table" too,
> which VDR logs in syslog and (maybe) displays in the command window?

Problem is: How to avoid collisions of different patches if they want to
write to the same 'installed patches' list?

Only idea I have would be an installed-patches sub folder where every
patch can place an unique-named file with an ID string. Then you just
need a clever makefile that merges all these together into one
include-able file.

Can make depend a file on every file in a sub folder? eg. does something
like this work:

installed-patches.inc: installed-patches/*
	@cat installed-patches/* > installed-patches.inc

Cheers,

Udo